Forgiveness is the Key
Forgiveness is the Key to Action and Freedom
I am sure forgiveness is something all of us suffers with at some point in our lives. Have you asked yourself WHY you should forgive someone? What will it do for you, and how do you go about it? Do you want to stay feeling all-righteous? Or clear your head and move forwards? “Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.” ”The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” When you forgive someone it has enormous benefits although it might not be easy. You might not want to forgive someone or perhaps you feel that they are wrong and you are right creating a really unpleasant experience. Sometimes in life you have to forgive anyway or you will be unable to move on.
Take a step back and you will see that forgiveness keeps you present, you can be yourself, you let go of feeding that negative energy and it will save you a huge amount of pain and time.
Here are a few things that have helped me in the past move forwards and forgive.
• When you decide to forgive, really do it, do not bring the subject up ever again or you will not only damage the other person but you will also cause yourself harm.
• When you forgive – it’s actually for your own release – throw it all the to the wind and leave it behind.
• To be the better person YOU be the one to forgive and you will actually FEEL superior.
• Forgive yourself first – in this way you are able to forgive others and you will understand how good it feels. The more you do this the easier it gets and the freer your life becomes!
• Forgiving others gives you freedom. When you hold resentment towards another person you form a link with them that strengthens over time, it keeps you in the past, stops you from moving on so by forgiving that person you are able to break the connection and set yourself free from all of the pain.